Southeast Riders Forum
Login or Register
Southeast Riders Forum
Login or Register
Southeast Riders Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  LinksLinks  
SportbikeTrackGear
sportbike_banner

Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Toranga
Amature
Amature

Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it??? Empty
PostSubject: Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it???   Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it??? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Just posting a question. I know that everyone is different, but I was just wondering a few things that people have done to get over it. Here's the scenario. I was doing a trackday @ brands hatch (think world suprebike) Coming down paddock hill bend (right hander down hill) going about 85-90 I tucked the front end, and went off pretty hard. The corner workers and everyone else kept telling me how lucky I was that I wasn't hurt. and just kept coming to my garage and telling me they had never seen anything like that. I tried to brush it off and say it happens to everyone. I wore a hole in my leather and did cosmetic damage to the bike nothing big. I fixed the leathers and the bike. Two weeks later I had a race at the same track and found myself thinking every time I came to the turn thinking "remember you feel here last time" and just coasting trough it. not to help the situation in the Friday practice two guys were life flighted out from crashing on the same turn. Which didn't help my confidence at all. I got my ass kicked all weekend being about 4 sec off pace per lap. I know that everyone crashes and any racer worth anything has to go over the limit to find it. But is the 1st one like this for everyone? and if so any advice to get over it would help a lot. people who don't ride just say go faster like it's just that easy. But I just wanted to ask people who actually ride and see what they come up with. Quitting IS NOT AN OPTION!! but I would like to be competitive and I don't think that's an option as long as I keep thinking about the last fall. I do know what I did wrong so I did learn from my mistake. I was still on the brakes and at full lean. and I just ran out of traction purely my fault.. Just any help would be great.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
thiagoleal
Visit every now and then...
thiagoleal

PostSubject: Re: Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it???   Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it??? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:54 pm

hmm... what i did was i just got my confidence back little by little on the curves, and now i don't even think about my wreck no more, I'm still getting back to what i used to be..... but i think its like this with everyone, when i was back taking the curves i was scared and mad at the same time b/c i knew i could go faster but i was scared!!.....

It will come to you again don't worry!
Back to top Go down
Laquisha
Laquisha

PostSubject: Re: Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it???   Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it??? EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:08 pm

i'm glad you say quiting's not an option, because that's the only way you'll be able to get back to how you were, it's like thiagoleal said you just have to keep trying and grow your confidence level, it's kind of like when you first start riding. But you also said another good thing, that you know what you did wrong and since you corrected it you should try it out, just slowly push yourself and before you know it you'll be back to how you were if not better. i'm not saying it'll be easy because it's not and it is scary, bt like with most things practice can make perfect! Good Luck! What a Face
Back to top Go down
fubar865
Amature
Amature
fubar865

PostSubject: Re: Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it???   Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it??? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:09 am

This may come off as harsh or something along those lines, but you just have to not make that mistake again. Choose a different line (if there is one of course) one that you wont be at such an extreme lean angle and have to be on the brakes. It's a trial and error situation. go out and do it again. Dont stress so much over your times, when your working on a particular section you just have to come up with a certain formula that works. (i.e. lean angles, corner entry speeds, braking time) try different things to get confidence in your machine and personal skill again. good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it???   Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Crashing.. Is there an easy way to get over it???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southeast Riders Forum :: Technique, Racing and Stunt Discussion :: Racers Corner-
Jump to: